Accounts & Audit Senior/Semi-Senior – Goole
A fantastic opportunity for a newly or part qualified chartered/certified accountant, or someone qualified by experience, with drive and enthusiasm to join a team that is dedicated to helping clients achieve their personal and business objectives.
Townends is a long-established Yorkshire firm with offices in Goole and York, that specialises in providing everything that the owner managed business needs. We have a full range of services aimed at such businesses, including Wealth Management.
Our approach using the ‘Townends Philosophy’ gives us a significant competitive advantage and is central to everything we do. Our style is to take a positive lead and it is not in our nature to simply produce accounts and answer questions when asked.
We are not just your ‘typical’ firm of accountants. Our partners are:
- Strategic thinkers
- Solution providers
- True business advisers and developers
- Fantastic mentors
This is a full time role working in a dedicated team in the corporate department based in Goole (part time maybe considered). The work primarily involves the delivery of a wide range of timely, high quality accounts, audit and tax compliance assignments for clients with turnover ranging from £1million to £100million.
Whilst the focus is on compliance, there are also many opportunities to significantly expand the range and breadth of experience through direct engagement with clients, attending meetings, ad hoc projects and working as part of a team to deliver a proactive service. No two days are the same. Participation in networking events will also assist in building on your business developer skills.
What you need to bring to us
- Good academic history
- Statutory audit and accounts experience gained in an accounting practice
- Experience of applying the requirements of FRS 102
- Sound IT skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of mainstream accountancy packages, such as Sage, and cloud accounting systems such as Xero and Quickbooks
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of supervising and reviewing the work of junior staff
- Excellent ‘soft’ skills including written and spoken communications
- Self starter with good organisational skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Clean driving licence and use of own vehicle
What we can offer you
- A massive opportunity for progression for those who can deliver
- Salary range £25,000 to £35,000 – depending on level and experience
- Contributory pension and life insurance scheme
- Flexitime system and possible hybrid working in appropriate circumstances
- Modern and friendly working environment
- Convenient office location with easily accessible and free car parking nearby (currently free of charge)
- Commissions and bonus schemes
- Structured CPD, training and development programme
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a completed application form available on our website to email@example.com