Townends was formed over 100 years ago and has always maintained a strong rural client base. We cater for the entire range of agricultural enterprises, including:
- Tenanted farmers
- Arable, livestock and mixed farmers
- Landed estates
- Agricultural contractors
- Commodity merchants
Our experience has helped us build strong ties in the farming community throughout Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and surrounding areas and we are able to assist with the many unique challenges and opportunities faced in agriculture on a daily basis.
Agricultural businesses face an ever changing and extremely volatile environment which has seen huge swings in crop prices (and associated costs), dramatic recent increases in land prices, changes in subsidies and quotas and the increased focus on environmentally friendly issues.
Now more than ever, it is essential to have the right people supporting your business and we work closely with our clients and their other advisors, including land agents, bank managers and solicitors, to ensure they receive the best possible service.
Areas we are able to assist with include, but are not limited to:
- Land and property advice including Capital Gains tax
- Diversification including energy generation, barn conversion, tourism, etc.
- Business and financial restructuring
- Establishing profitability of different enterprises
- Acquisition of machinery and related tax implications
- Contract farming agreements
- Agricultural Holdings Act and farm business tenancies
- Succession and dissolution
- Tax planning
- Trust and estate planning
- Inheritance tax and will planning
Agriculture is a fascinating industry and we are proud to have built long and rewarding relationships with our farming clients over the years, whilst sharing in their many trials, tribulations and triumphs! We would welcome the opportunity to forge new partnerships and would very much like to hear from you.